A root canal treatment saves you from early tooth loss due to advanced, untreated caries. It is a special filling meant to replace the third and innermost layer of a healthy tooth, known as the pulp. There are a number of benefits associated with getting a root canal done in a timely manner. Once pulpitis has been diagnosed via radiographs, as well as its classic signs and symptoms. Some of the most prominent benefits of a root canal include:
- Curbing further development of caries and removing it entirely before it causes more destruction and complications
- Preservation of the natural tooth
- Preventing tooth loss due to caries
- Complete restoration of the tooth’s compromised structure
- Removal of infected pulp from the canals and chambers to prevent secondary infection
- Following a root canal, a tooth is covered with a porcelain, or Porcelain Fused to Metal crown to restore its masticatory function in the oral cavity, and to protect it from further damage due to intra-oral forces.
- Successfully relieves symptoms such as sharp, throbbing and radiating pain, swelling often accompanied by pus formation and general discomfort, that render a patient unable to eat, sleep or work properly.
- Costs less than an implant surgery which may be needed in case of tooth loss
- The dental surgeon administers anaesthesia at the site of surgery at the beginning of the procedure, making it completely painless for the patients.
- The infected pulp of the tooth is replaced with the help of a special, inert endodontic filling material that is 100% biocompatible and has excellent sealing properties.
- Following treatment, the affected tooth can be used normally for biting and chewing, and can be cleaned normally as well.
- Root canals ensure complete functional and aesthetic restoration of caries-ridden teeth.
Please call us with any questions or if you’d like to book an appointment click here to make an appointment request..